Following is an email I received from The Knot staff about getting your wedding featured….
Do you have amazing photos from your wedding day? We’re looking for fabulous weddings to feature in the Real Weddings section on TheKnot.com and in our magazines. We’d love to see your pics!
Here’s what to do:
• Choose about 20 professional photos that tell the story of your wedding day. Please keep in mind that we want to see detail images that show off your wedding style (your cake, bouquet, escort card display, favors, etc.) with a mix of the key moments from the day. And don’t forget a few couple shots of you and your spouse and wedding party!
• You or your photographer can send color photocopies or scans of your professional wedding photos with a printed contact sheet to the address below:
(name of your region) Real Weddings
The Knot/XO Group
195 Broadway, 25th Floor
New York, NY 10007
• Please mark your submission with your names and telephone number, the date you were married, and the city and state where the wedding took place, along with your photographer’s contact information.
• Email your photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in one of the following formats:
1. JPEG (.jpg) OR
2. a link to your profile where you’ve posted images on The Knot OR
3. a link to your photographer’s website, with related passwords to your photos
• Include the following info in the body of the email:
1. Your wedding photographer’s name, phone number, and website address
2. Your names, phone numbers, and email addresses
3. Day, month, year, city, state, and location of your ceremony and reception
4. Any other details you’d like us to know about your wedding!
Due to the high volume of submission, we will contact you only if we plan to use your pictures, and cannot guarantee return of photocopies. Weddings will be kept on file for one year from the wedding date.
Please note: Due to editorial policy, The Knot is unable to publish Real Weddings that have been or are scheduled to be featured in another publication.