Red Carpet Backgrounds
If you are a bride who wants to have a fun and creative entrance for your wedding reception, Superstar Runway can provide just that! With all the elegant glitz and glamour of a celebrity, you and your wedding party can now emerge from the limousine into the reception as if on a “Red Carpet Premiere.” With the flashbulbs erupting from your photographer’s camera, imagine striking a glamorous pose with your husband in front of a giant backdrop celebrating your wedding day.
Superstar Runway can provide just that! Custom made backdrops featuring your newly wed name and wedding date can be assembled at your reception for fantastic photo opportunities throughout the night. Everything from your grand entrance to memorable couple shots of the night will be enhanced with this thoughtful backdrop. It makes for lasting memories and is always a clever, fun way to celebrate your wedding day in photos.
Working closely with you, Superstar Runway will create the perfect custom graphics and lettering for your backdrop and will gladly do all the setup and placement on your wedding day. And the best part is you can keep the backdrop when its all over as a memorable token the day you tied the knot with your love!!!!
For further information visit http://www.superstarrunway.com to get more information on their custom made backdrops!
Perfectly Made Up for Your Wedding
From Marti Spenk of Angel Face Makeup
Your wedding day makeup is important for two reasons. First is that you want to look beautiful. The second reason is that you want to look great in your pictures. For that reason, your wedding day makeup is not the same as the makeup that you wear every day. I have been a makeup artist for 12 years and spent the past 20 years in the beauty industry. At Angel Face Makeup, I work with each bride to make sure that she puts her best face forward. Below are some of my tips and tricks for a perfect wedding day face.
- You need to start with a clean palette; that is a clean face. Apply moisturizer as that will help ensure that the foundation looks smooth and even.
- Your wedding day is NOT the day to try something new! If you use a product that you are not used to, there is a chance that you will have an allergic reaction. That will NOT produce a good wedding day look.
- One of the keys to a flawless face is using the right products. If you need to add some items to your makeup kit, do so well before your wedding. This will give you time to practice with the makeup as well as make sure you will not have any adverse reactions to it.
- For photos, flawless looking skin is very important. A face primer can help you achieve such a look by smoothing out your skin and making pores appear smaller. A primer will also help to control oil, so you won’t have to keep applying powder throughout the day.
- If you do need to touch up during the day, choose blotting papers so that you can avoid a buildup of powder. If you do want to use a powder choose a colorless powder.
- You also have to be sure to choose the right foundation. Many women are wearing a shade that is either too light or too dark. Both of those mistakes will result in less than perfect pictures. Visit a makeup artist if you are unsure about which foundation is best for you.
- Because your wedding pictures are going to last forever, you want to avoid makeup that is too wild or trendy. Even if you think that bright, colorful eye shadow looks great, remember that in pictures those colors are likely to overshadow everything else.
- Eyebrows are VERY important to your final look. When your eyebrows are properly shaped and groomed, it can open up your whole face. It can add symmetry and polish to your final look, which is very important for your wedding pictures. Proper grooming of your eyebrows is something that is best left to professionals.
- Your eyes should get much of the attention when it comes to your wedding day makeup. You will need to select three shades. You will apply a medium tone shadow to your eyelids, a darker shadow on the lash line and a lighter color for the brow bone. Browns, grays, navy blue, wine or deep plum are all good choices, but you will need to experiment with different color palettes to determine what looks best on you. Once you choose your colors, practice as much as you can. Take pictures of your work, so you will know how the makeup looks in pictures.
- Be sure to choose WATERPROOF mascara. Nothing looks worse in wedding photos than a bride with black streaks running down her face.
- For the cheeks, you will want to add a touch of color. As is the case with the eye shadow, you will need to determine which color blush looks best on you. You will also need a good quality, fluffy blush brush. Apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks using a circular motion up toward the temples. Don’t overdo it. You want your color to look natural.
- Lip color is the final touch to your wedding day makeup. You should choose a shade that is in the same color family as your blush. Start by lining your lips with a pencil in the same shade as your lipstick. Next, fill in with your color.
- To make thin lips look fuller, apply the liner just outside the lip line. To make lips look thinner, consider skipping the liner and choosing a softer lip color.
The above tips will help you apply wedding day makeup that will take you from ceremony to reception. If you are unsure about doing your own makeup for this special day, consider using a professional makeup artist.
Another important tip for all of your wedding day photos: SMILE!
Congrats on your engagement,
Marti Spenk-Angel Face Makeup
Phone: 630 229 5442